Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ezekiel Stew

This is also a very versatile recipe. Experiment with it to find what you like. Super nutritious!

2 1/2 qts broth
1-2 potatoes diced
1 large onion
1/2 T salt (I use the all purpose seasoning found earlier in the blog.)
1-2 cloves of minced garlic
1-2 T cumin
1 1/4 c hard red wheat
3/4 c spelt
1/4 c barley
1/8 cup millet
1/8 cup lentils
1 T kidney beans
1 T pinto beans
1 T great northern or navy beans

(You can use whatever combination of beans you want. I used black eyed peas as well. You can also use a varied combination of grains. I was out of spelt, but use aramanth. It worked just fine. ) This is just the base. You can also add chili powder, basil, orgegano, carrots, tomatoes, or whatever vegetables you like. I just cleaned out the veggie drawer in my fridge.

Soak beans over night. In the morning, drain. Boil beans until soft. Add all ingredients to crock pot. Cook 8 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment